- Mar 22 2022
- 14:00 - 15:30
Study presentation Quantum Computing in SMEs: Software and Applications
Expectations are high: quantum computers are expected to efficiently solve many problems in the future that even high-performance computers fail at today. The success of quantum computing (QC) depends largely on further progress in hardware development. In addition, the development of application-specific QC software is crucial for the unfolding of the potential of quantum computing.
Quantum computing promises a broad field for new applications and business models in important sectors such as finance, energy and healthcare, transport, production and logistics, as well as IT security. The current focus is on the following questions, among others:
- What are suitable use cases for quantum computing, especially in SMEs?
- How can companies assess the relevance of quantum computing for their own business processes and models?
- What are the dependencies between QC software and QC hardware?
- Where are the greatest value creation and market potentials of quantum computing?
These and other questions are the subject of the study “Quantum Computing – Software for Innovative and Sustainable Applications”, which was prepared as part of the accompanying research commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection (BMWK) for the technology programme “Innovation Competition Artificial Intelligence”. Part of this programme is the joint project “PlanQK – Platform and Ecosystem for Quantum-Assisted Artificial Intelligence”, whose practice-oriented application examples for QC form the core of the study. With the new technology programme “Quantum Computing – Applications for Business”, which was launched at the beginning of the year, the BMWK is specifically continuing to promote software and services for QC applications, especially with an orientation towards the requirements and opportunities of small and medium-sized enterprises.
We cordially invite you to attend the presentation of the study results and a subsequent round of discussions with renowned experts. The live broadcast “Quantum Computing in SMEs” from the Forum Digitale Technologien in Berlin will take place on:
22 March 2022 / 14:00-15:30 hrs.
Presentation of the study results:
· Dr. Christoph Grzeschik, Institute for Innovation and Technology, VDI/VDE-IT GmbH
· Benedict Wenzel, Institute for Innovation and Technology, VDI/VDE-IT GmbH.
· Dr. Dr. Regina Finsterhölzl, Postdoctoral Researcher, Group for Condensed Matter Theory and Quantum Information, University of Konstanz
· Dr. Jan-Rainer Lahmann, IBM Distinguished Engineer, Quantum in DACH, IBM Germany
· Dr. Iris Schwenk, COO, R&D, Co-Founder, HQS Quantum Simulations GmbH
· Dr. Tobias Stollenwerk, Group Leader Quantum Computing, Institute of Software Technology, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
· Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Frank Leymann, Managing Director Institute of Architecture of Application Systems, University of Stuttgart
· Dr. Thomas Gabor, Quantum Applications and Research Laboratory (QAR-Lab), Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich
· Daniel Abbou, Managing Director Federal Association for Artificial Intelligence.
Participants are cordially invited to join the discussion in the livestream with questions. Please register for the event here. The access data will be sent to you afterwards.